Friday, November 13, 2009

Just one of those days..


I haven’t posted recently because although “the good stuff” is the name of the blog, nothing good has been happening. I’ve had one of those weeks where nothing feels right. One of those weeks where you feel overwhelmed by everyday activities that would normally seem doable but are no longer so. I hate when I feel this way but out of nowhere the little things that bother me that can easily be pushed aside, all creep up at once and consume my mind.… I feel like I’m losing sight of who I am again.

This week has been pretty horrible but I hope this “down in the dumps” state of mind wont last long because I don’t have the authority to do the depressed teenager thing. Since I no longer am even considered a teenager *sigh*. It feels a bit pathetic to undergo the same ridiculous emotions I did when I was fourteen.

....BASICALLY I really need to get my sh!t together. =]

I’ve been slacking in school— letting the work pile up and not having the drive to do get it done, having a bit of a health problem that has put me in distress for every single waking moment lately…. add some “I miss how things used to be” and a “I’m bored of life” attitude and you’ve got yourself a girl whose drowning in self pity. PUHHHthetic I know, but we’ve all been there.

Usually when a person feels down they seek for comfort. I haven’t been able to find comfort in anything – not my friends or family (although they have been trying their best & I love you guys for everything) or basically anything. But tonight I’ve remembered what has always helped me get through tough times and as strange as it sounds I find comfort in old school linkin park albums.. So tonight: it’s me + linkin park and I think it might be working.

Sorry to be a downer but I had to get it out there.
There, that feels better.
Hopefully my next post will be exploding with GOOD STUFF to share.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep your chin up! I love the idea of a blog dedicated to good stuff, keep it up. :)

Sofya said...

Thanks lauren, I really appreciate the encouragement :)