Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble Gobble...

Thanksgiving turned out to be a great success this year. How can it not when you’re surrounded by the people you love, eating the delicious food you prepared together. The girls and I arrived to Sasha’s house early to give her a hand with the cooking, although she clearly had everything under control! By the time we got to her house everything was either prepared or a work in progress! We all put ourselves to good use and had everything set up in no time. When we sat down to eat we made a toast to our fabulous host and each went around the table saying what we were thankful for. We only got to say one thing so I thought I should make my own little list.

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
1. My family. Although we are a crazy bunch- my parents are always supporting me in everyway possible. I might not always show how much I appreciate everything they’ve given me, but I don’t take it for granted. I am really lucky to be blessed with such parents.
2. The most extraordinary group of friends anyone could only hope for (this is the one we all mentioned at dinner). My friends are my backbone. I have that type group of friends that doesn’t change as the years come and go. I think I’ve collected some keepers (win)! Being an only child, my friends became my family. I love each and every one of you, I hope our friendships last a lifetime.
3. The mistakes I’ve made. Although most days I bitch about them, if it weren’t for “mistakes” you wouldn’t be able to see things for what they really are. I know I’ve made a lot of mistakes this year, but I think at the same time they made me realize what’s truly important to me. And maybe even what type of person I want to become.
4. To be living and breathing. I’m thankful for my health, for the health of my loved ones, and to be able to live and grow day by day.


 {pretty picture of the scooped out tomatoes}
 
{Me doing my share in the stuffing of the stuffed tomatoes :)}
{final product of stuffed tomatoes}
{kitchen nazi grilling the vegetables}

{carmelized onion and goat cheese on crostini}

{THE turkey}

{cutting THE turkey..}

{our lovely little thanksgiving dinner all prepared!}



Check out Sasha’s blog for more mouth-watery goodness!
This young lady makes cooking simple, enjoyable and effortless.
I’ve learned a lot from her over the years.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Oh, thanks for that : ]
I think the fondue is turning into brownies very shortly...

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Your dinner looks so good!

Now I am hungry.